Wednesday, February 9, 2011

the smiths and goosebumps and flowers

I remember having a conversation with Henry about the way some songs/albums/artists give you goosebumps (yes everyone gets it). At the time I thought it was only the lyrics that gave me the goosebumps, he thought the music itself was the culprit. I listened to The Smiths on my way to work this morning and there they were - instant goosebumps. It's been a while between listens and I forgot that band did that to me. And it was the music, not the lyrics.

I love that The Smiths were known as the "Flower Wimps" because of Morrissey's affinity with bunches of flowers and the presence of these flowers at concerts - carrying them around on stage, giving them out etc. Below are my favourite Smiths/Morrissey flower photos.





Ok, so there are no flowers in the last one, but how great is that photo/their outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment